A question is essential when it:
- causes genuine and relevant inquiry into the big ideas and core content;
- provokes deep thought, lively discussion, sustained inquiry, and new understanding as well as more questions;
- requires students to consider alternatives, weigh evidence, support their ideas, and justify their answers;
- stimulates vital, on-going rethinking of big ideas, assumptions, and prior lessons;
- sparks meaningful connections with prior learning and personal experiences;
- naturally recurs, creating opportunities for transfer to other situations and subjects.
[Taken from: http://www.authenticeducation.org/bigideas/article.lasso?artId=53]
Please follow up with coming out with as many questions first bearing in mind the ideas or information that you already have thought of in the last few weeks, if any.